About 2.41 Lakh Candidates Appearing for CAT 2018; Check Important Rules and Information
IIM Calcutta will be conducting CAT 2018 on November 25 in an online mode under the guidance of Prof. Sumanta Basu, the convener of the exam. As mentioned in CAT 2018 media release, over 2.41 Lakh applicants will appear in the examination this year. As per the last three-year trends on an average 83% of the total registered applicants appear in the examination. This year the exam will be held at 374 test centers across147 cities pan India.
This 3-hours duration examination has three sections to attempt: Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension, Quantitative Ability, and Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning. Candidates will get one hour for each section, whereas PwD candidates are given an extra 20 minutes for each section.
CAT 2018 will be held in two sessions, the first session will be held from 09:00 AM to 12:00 Noon and the second session will be held between 02:30 pm to 05:30 pm. Candidates are advised to report at 7:30 am for the morning session and at 01:00 pm for the afternoon session. CAT Result will be declared tentatively on January 7, 2019.
Things to Remember
- Visit the website of CAT to download the admit card, take a printout and affix your photo.
- Read all the instruction mentioned in the admit card carefully and try to adhere them.
- Don’t forget to carry CAT admit card along with a valid identity proof.
- Please read the test day help guide available on the official website of CAT and get familiarised with the security and other procedures.
- Physically handicapped candidates with scribe must follow all the instruction and complete the formalities explained on the official website.
- Candidates are advised to check their test center beforehand and reach the test venue on time.
- CAT 2018 will be held in online mode and candidates will have 60 minutes for each section and they will not be allowed to switch between sections. Candidates must attempt each section sequentially.
- Few questions in each section will be a multiple-choice type and some questions will be of the subjective type, where candidates must type the answer on the screen.
- Candidates can use the onscreen basic calculator for quick computation.
- Applicants can take the help of the tutorials available on the official website of CAT to prepare for the examination.
- The Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) section on the official website of CAT addresses some of the frequently asked queries regarding the examination. Candidates can resolve their general queries by visiting this section.
- For any type of assistance, candidates may contact the CAT helpdesk over phone or email.
- It is mandatory for all candidates to maintain a valid email account and have a valid mobile number throughout the selection process.
- Candidates will get only one writing pad for the examination this year. So, please try to use the same judiciously and do not waste them.
- Submit the admit card, writing pad, and pens to the invigilator before leaving the examination hall.
- Candidates are not allowed to carry the writing pad with themselves after the examination.
- As per the instructions of IIM Calcutta, candidates are not allowed to wear jackets with pocket.
- However, test takers can wear sweaters, cardigans, plain pullovers without pockets.
- Try to avoid wearing heavy jewellery and watch during the examination.
- Any instance of inaccurate information or violation of rules detected during the entire selection procedure will lead to instant disqualification of the candidature and he/she will not be allowed to give CAT in future.
- In case if such activity goes undetected during the selection procedure and encountered later in the subsequent year, such disqualification will be done with retrospective effect.
- Any discourse regarding CAT 2018 will be subject to the jurisdiction of the competent court within the territorial jurisdiction of Kolkata city only.