Configure your Wireless Adapter NETGEAR Genie Smart Wizard
A wireless range extender takes existing WiFi signals coming out of the main wireless router (access point) and broadcasts it to create a second safe, secure, and reliable second WiFi network. In this article, mywifiextnet.support will help you in completing the process of NETGEAR Extender Setup and configuring a wireless adapter using NETGEAR Genie smart wizard software.
Mywifiext: New Extender Setup
First of all, we would like to insist you that place your range extender, router, and the modem away from kitchen, public WiFi, metal appliances, electronic gadgets, Bluetooth speaker, cordless phone, etc and then follow the below-given steps.
- Update your modem and the router with the latest version of technology and then connect it with your range extender.
- Plug all your devices into an electric wall socket.
- Launch a web browser in your computer and in the address bar type net.
- Enter username and password by default to the displayed page. The default details can easily be found on NETGEAR WiFi Range Extender Manual
Note: For mywifiext.net login, you should have the default login details. After the process of installation and configuration, you can change them according to your need and desire. Do not change the default details before the process of NETGEAR Extender Setup.
Ask for mywifiext.net support or if you face any issue regarding New Extender Setup or mywifiext.net setup on toll-free number 1-888-829-5515.
Configuration of a wireless adapter using NETGEAR Genie Smart Wizard
The simplest and easiest way to connect a NETGEAR Wireless Adapter to an existing network is to use the software (NETGEAR Smart Wizard) utility that comes along with your wireless adapter. The procedure and process to set up the smart wizard will be different based on the type of wireless security we are using (WEP or WPA) encryption.
Below are some instructions that you would follow to configure your wireless adapter via NETGEAR smart wizard software.
Configuration of a Smart Wizard for WEP Encryption:
- Use the latest version of updated computer.
- Plug in both your device. Click start.
- Go to all programs.
- Look for NETGEAR wireless adapter folder and select ‘NETGEAR Smart Wizard’ (on the desktop screen).
- Click on ‘Network’ tab. This will automatically scan for the available and active networking devices nearby you.
- Select the ‘SSID’ of the wireless network.
- Click on ‘Connect button.
- Go to ‘Settings’, click on ‘WEP’ under the security option.
- Select ‘Enter Key Manual’.
- If your ‘network key’ consist of ’10 characters’, then set it to ‘64 bits’ and if your ‘network key’ consists of ’26 characters’, then set it to ‘128 bits’. Type the ‘hexa decimal’ (10 or 26 characters) on the space provided by the displayed page.
- In the fields of ‘profile’, assign a unique name helping you to remember the wireless settings. Once done, click ‘save profile’. After that, you have to ‘apply’ in order to confirm the settings made by you.
Configuration of a Smart Wizard for WPA Encryption
- Grab your computer and plug it into an electric wall socket.
- Click on ‘start’ and click on ‘all programs’.
- Search for the NETGEAR wireless adapter folder and select ‘NETGEAR Smart Wizard’.
- Once finished with step 2, click on the ‘network tab’. This will automatically starts scanning for available and active networks nearby you.
- Select the ‘SSID’ of wireless network you wish to connect. Once done, hit ‘connect’.
- Now, go on the ‘settings tab’, under the security option select ‘WPA’.
- Inside the empty fields, type the WPS passphrase (password).
- Now, in the ‘profile fields’, allot an exclusive name that will help you to remember the name of your wireless network in future.
- Click ‘save profile’.
- In order to validate the settings, click ‘apply’.
- Once connected successfully, go to ‘about tab’ and check for an IP address that looks like 168.1.250.
For more assistance, ask for NETGEAR Extender Support to our finest technicians in the world.