Coorg – In the blissful surroundings of green forests, rich wildlife, and mountain mist
Coorg offers a respite from the urban settings and its natural surroundings, mist-laden mountains, and amazing trail provide a lot of refreshment to visitors. Check out these following places that you must visit and plan your trip to Coorg accordingly. Read on.
Coorg is one of the most scenic places in Karnataka. It is surrounded by lush greenery and beautiful coffee plantations. The whole setting of the place is so picturesque that it would instantly charm the visitor. Not just the woods and the surroundings, but the waterfalls, the fauna, the mist, the mountains too offer a glimpse of true beauty of nature. The place is sometimes compared to Scotland, which is a tell-tale of how wonderful the whole region must be. You can book your accommodation in one of the Coorg hotels in advance and plan your itinerary as well.
Here are some of the most popular places to see in Coorg:
- Bylakuppe – Come face-to-face with the cultural significance of the place. Bylakuppe is a big Tibetan settlement and it has the Namdroling Monastery. During Losar, the Tibetan new year festival, this place becomes a host of ceremonies. The architecture of the monastery is worth your admiration.
- Abbey Falls – About a kilometer from Madikeri town, Abbey Falls is a popular place for some scenic adventure. It is the place for picnic and excursion in the proximity of nature. The water stream from Kaveri river makes an elegant fall here.
- Brahmagiri Peak – This place is a trekking trail and looks like a velvety sheet of green wonder. The trails at this place would bring out your appreciation for the place as the forests and mists curling around the paths and the places would leave you mesmerized. A must-visit place in Coorg, this place also hosts a wildlife sanctuary.
- Iruppu Falls – As the Lakshmana Tirtha river gushes through the bed of rocks from 60 feet of elevation, the Iruppu waterfall makes for a spectacular sight. You would find yourself rejuvenated at this place and a little picnic with family would add to your delight.
- Dubare Elephant Camp – If you ever wished to see how elephants are fed, trained, and taken care of, Dubare Elephant Camp is the place you must visit. There are more than 150 elephants residing here. You can take the round boat trip in the river as well and see the crocodiles, gaur, and several other wild animals and birds.
- Nagarhole National Park – For a more elaborate adventure with the wildlife, visit Nagarhole National Park at Coorg. Dense woods, streams from river, and more than 300 species of birds and animals make for a great fun time with your family and friends. You can visit here during summer or winter as the park is closed to visitors during the monsoons.
- Chettalli – How about a little offbeat and less popular, yet equally scenic and enjoyable sightseeing? You might have understood that Chettalli is one such place which you cannot miss. This is a small village with serene and green surroundings and you would like to explore the place and observe the culture of the villagers from close.
- Cauvery Nisargadhama – Another offbeat place for your pleasure. Explore your way through bamboo groves and sandalwood and teak trees. You can stay at the treehouses and further add nice memories to your trip.
You can do much more in Coorg. The Jungle Trip is another popular adventure activity around this place. There are many things that visitors can enjoy in this region. All you have to do is to get done with planning, flight ticket bookings, and room reservations, so that you arrive here with complete peace of mind.