Types of Wrinkles & Wrinkle Treatments
Every person is unique and different. Some of us are taller, some are shorter; somebody likes full-coverage make-up, and others prefer to go all-natural. But there are still some similarities that connect all of us. Every person experiences their ups and downs, makes life choices, and goes through changes in appearance due to age. Let’s stop on the last one.
Wrinkles. The reality is everyone will have them sooner or later. But is it possible to slow down the aging process and get rid of its signs? It surely is! This article will discuss different wrinkles treatment (Saypha, Juvederm, Botox, etc.) and learn more about their various types. Let’s keep reading!
Types of Wrinkles on the Face
The places where wrinkles appear first can tell a lot about the personality. Mostly, they become visible depending on your actions, like laughing, frowning, or squinting.
There are several types of wrinkles on the face. Let’s discuss them in more detail:
- Expression wrinkles. They are also called smile or frown lines. Usually, appear in the places where you show emotions and repeat the same facial expressions often: between brows, around the lips, and at the outer eye corner;
- Elastic wrinkles. Mostly appear on the cheeks, lips, and neck because of the ultraviolet damage (sun exposure);
- Compression wrinkles. For the most part, those are lines on the face, neck, and chest that you have after sleeping. They show up because the face is pressed against the pillow all night and disappear throughout the day;
- Gravitation wrinkles. A flabby skin that goes along with wrinkles. Effectuate by the lack of collagen and elastin in the aging process and the sun damage;
- Atrophic wrinkles. Deep forehead wrinkles that look like parallel lines and are visible when sb is frowning eyebrows. Usually, they get dipper with age.
Now we know the types of wrinkles, but is it possible to prevent or eliminate them? We’ll answer it in the next paragraph!
Procedures for Getting Rid of Wrinkles
Aesthetic medicine develops very fast, procedures upgrading, new products for wrinkles treatment appear. In this way, you have endless possibilities to deal with this problem. Want to know how to remove wrinkles? Here are the most popular and effective procedures.
- Dermal fillers. The most popular solutions among doctors are Botox, Dysport, Saypha, Xeomin, etc. They can be used in such areas as the forehead, deep cheek wrinkles, zones around the eyes and mouth;
- Glycolic acid peels. These peels have a slight effect on the fine wrinkles;
- Deep peeling. Have a TCA (trichloroacetic acid) and trichloroacetic acid in its composition and get deep into the skin. However, this type of treatment is not suitable for everyone, so consult with the professional first;
- Laser resurfacing. This procedure stimulates producing collagen and achieves a younger-looking skin. It demands some time after the procedure to recover, and some people need more than one appointment;
- The ultrasound helps to make skin tighter and lift it slightly;
- Face lifting. Yes, you’ll need to go under the knife. But if you want a dramatic effect, you won’t avoid that. Usually, people choose this variant if none of the previous ones are working anymore.
Of course, there are many more. But, as it was already mentioned, we decided to went through the most popular ones. Just remember: before deciding to try something, you need to consult with your doctor!
Difference Between Fine Lines and Wrinkles
Before choosing the treatment, you need to find out what you are going to treat. So, what’s the difference between fine lines and wrinkles?
Fine lines are those almost unnoticeable lines on your face that are present at the top layer of the skin. Usually, they start to appear in the early twenties, and people ignore them. Fine lines are typical for the areas around the eyes, mouth, and between the eyebrows. They tend to get more in-depth with age and become wrinkles.
Following the previous paragraph, wrinkles are the fine lines that progressed. Without the best treatment for deep wrinkles, they have a chance to turn into creases. They can appear anywhere on the face, neck, and decollete. The medications for wrinkles are different from the ones for fine lines, so talk to the specialist before making any decisions.
Whether with wrinkles or without, every person is beautiful. But if you are insecure about it, there are plenty of methods that will help you to get your youthful looks back. From simple scrabs to dermal fillers, the variety of procedures is endless. Don’t be afraid to try something new, and the result won’t make you wait!