Why neem is very essential in Ayurveda?
Neem tree and its parts have been on insecticidal and medicinal use for many years now. In India this tree has been considered to be scared for years and the neem tree in this country actually symbolises the good health and protection.
When it comes to Ayurvedic products in India, the ancient Ayurvedic tradition is mainly comprised the use of this ingredient called neem for its major health and skin benefits.
Traditionally neem oil was mainly used to create hair care and skin care because it can soothe dryness and repair any kind of damage. At the same time, it can remove any kind of bacterial attacks, prevent baldness and slow down the greying of hair.
Neem is scientifically known as the Azardirachta Indica and is believed to be originated in either Burma (Myanmar now) or India. This tree is also found in countries like Mauritius, Africa, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand and Cambodia. This tree is actually resistant to droughts and they have a long life span of almost 200 years.
When it comes to neem oil benefits then one should know that when neem oil is made, the carrier constituents are plamiti acid, oleic acid, Vitamin C, linoleic acid and carotenoids.
That is why; when one uses neem oil on a regular basis on hair, then it can:
- Maintain the softness and radiance of hair.
- Make the hair grow longer, stronger and thicker.
- Reduce the appearance of dandruff and eliminates the white flakes.
- It can also boost the hair immunity by preventing hair fall.
When neem oil is used on skin then:
- The cleansing property of it can remove the sweat, dirt and excess sebum from skin.
- The use of this on a regular basis can actually soften the skin.
- It has emollient properties and it is the most common saturated fatty acid.
- It can also facilitate the wound healing process.
- Neem oil has anti inflammatory properties and so it can help actively to reduce inflammation.
- They are very good for acne because they not only reduce the acne marks but can also prevent the future outbreaks.
- This can also control the blood clotting of the skin and soothe the joint pains by increasing flexibility.
- Neem oil has a lot of anti oxidants and vitamin E and so it can prevent the premature ageing.
- They can improve the appearance of damaged tissues like acne, scars and wrinkles.
- It can also protect the skin and hair against any environmental toxins that are mainly found in air pollution.
- Neem oil has cartenoids and so it can prevent cellular damage.
- It can also protect the skin from UV radiation and hormone imbalance.
Neem is a certain ingredient which is mainly used in all Ayurvedic products and this is because it has endless benefits. it is an antiseptic which has a lot of anti fungal properties and anti histamine properties that can protect the skin and the body.