Requirements for an International Student to Study at Simon Fraser University
Simon Fraser University is listed among top universities in Canada that offers graduation and research programs. The university was established in the year 1965 at B.C.’s Scenic west coast. The university ranks top among Canada’s comprehensive universities with three large urban campuses.
Simon Fraser University is a public research university located in British Columbia with its main campus located at Burnaby and substitute colleges at Surrey and Vancouver campus.
Programs offered by the Simon Fraser University (SFU)
The SFU offers a wide range of programs. They offer programs in eight faculties that include:
- Arts and Science
- Applied Science
- Art and Technology
- Health Sciences
- Environment Science
They also offer a range of programs in work-integrated learning to gain experience in International fields and exchanges as well as undergraduate programs in social and civic issues.
Requirements for an International Student Study in SFU
International candidates can seek admission to the university based on some eligibility criteria. Read out the necessary eligibility criteria for international candidates to avail admission in different programs at SFU:
For Post-graduate and Master’s Program
The college also offers admission in postgraduate and master’s program to candidates outside of Canada. However, it is necessary for them to meet the necessary criteria as set by the colleges to take up the admission. The eligibility criteria or requirements for seeking admission to Masters or Postgraduate programs are as follows:
- The candidate must hold a relevant bachelor’s degree with minimum aggregate marks of 50% and above. They must hold a minimum overall grade of B in all the subjects and final year examination.
- They must hold a first-class passing percentage or first-class passing marks above 60% in all the degrees.
- In order to avail admission in master’s program in the university, students who have gained honour degree in B.Eng., B.Tech, B.A.Sc., B.Pharma, B.Sc. (Eng.) with minimum aggregate are eligible.
For Doctoral Program
The SFU offers research programs in myriad fields. The basic eligibility criteria and requirements for seeking admission in doctoral programs conducted by the university are as follows:
- The candidates must hold a first-class percentage of 60% and above in all the degree or must have a first division rating in all degrees.
- In order to seek admission to the doctoral program, they must have passed their master’s degree in either field of Engineering, Forestry, Medicine or M.Phil. in the required field.
- In addition to the above, the candidates must hold a decent GMAT/ GRE score as mentioned by the college.
The following documents must be submitted to the university at the time admission which is as follows:
- Applicants must submit all their mark sheets of Class 10th and Class 12th
- Class 10th and Class 12th passing certificate
- Official proof of degree conferred (necessary to state whether a diploma or degree)
- Degree Certificate with English Translations
- Original language certificate (if the official language is not English)
(Note: All the documents must be enclosed in an envelope which is properly sealed and endorsed to the institution in favour of SFU)
Applicants can apply for the admission to the various departments by visiting the official website of the university. It is immensely necessary to check their eligibility criteria thoroughly before applying and uploading the required documents in proper format while filling the form. In addition, all the documents must be properly sealed, stamped and sent in the address stating the university name before the mentioned date.